Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pumpkin Fun!

This week we had a great time investigating and observing pumpkins!

We started with an emergent reader which focused on sight words, color words and counting. It also required coloring throughout the book!
We then learned about the parts of a pumpkin in our next emergent reader before we dug on in! 


Not everyone loved the feel of the guts of the pumpkin, but they did all at least attempt to touch the pulp!

We also had a pumpkin investigation day where we rotated through stations of describing the pumpkin, reviewing the parts, predicting whether it will sink or float and ended with painting our pumpkins! Some students were provided with board maker picture options for their observation booklets, while other students were provided with word banks and one student wrote completely on his own. We had a lot of fun with this activity!  (I found all of my resources on Teacher Pay Teachers, check out Mrs. Jones' Creation Stations, Pumpkins Literacy, Math and Science Activites!)
 I apologize for my hiatus, I didn't realize so much time had gone by without me sharing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment