Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Terrific Tuesday!

Happy Tuesday!

I am still working on remembering to take pictures of all of the fun fall things wer're doing in Starkey's room, but I can share a few things that we've done already. The past couple of days I borrowed an "I like Autumn" emergent reader from Kindergarten Kel's TPT account. In this emergent reader, my students practied sight words such as "I", "my" and "like", while also matching boardmaker pictures to the fall items within the reader such as pumpkin, scarecrow and animals.

Another fun activity involved reading "Fresh Fall Leaves", an easy reader I came across in our book sets library. This book has a lot of fun action words associated with fall and leaves, which is perfect as we're working a lot with actions! With a package of fake leaves from Michaels we had fun "acting out" the verbs. We threw them in the air, used our fingers to "rake" the leaves and much more. It was a super fun way to get the kiddos interacting with the book.

Adapted, interactive books are a great way to get our students with low interest in reading involved and engaged!

Pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment